# Devices compatible with QR and NFC apps
Interacting with Routegy QR and NFC apps uses built-in capabilities of a person's device. These capabilities are a standard feature in most modern iOS and Android devices.
# iOS device compatibility
QR code reading capability is built into the camera app on iPhones, iPads and iPods that run iOS 11 or newer.
NFC tag reading capability is supported in iOS 13 (and newer) on the following devices: iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.
# Android device compatibility
QR code reading capability is built into the camera app on devices that run Android 9 or newer. Devices that run Android 8 can scan QR codes by using the Google Lens app.
NFC tag reading is built into most modern Android devices. You can check if your device supports NFC by going into Settings->Connected devices (or a similar option like Wireless & networks or Connections). If NFC is present in these settings, your device supports reading NFC tags (as long as it is turned on).
Here is a list of some of the popular devices that support this capability:
- Google Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, and their corresponding XL versions
- Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S10, S10 G5, S10
- LG G8, G8s, Q9, Q8, Q7, G7 ThinQ
- HTC U12+, U11 Eyes, U11/Life/+
- Motorola Moto Z3 Play, Moto X4
- Huawei P10, P10 Plus, P10 Lite, P20, P20 Plus, P20 Lite, P30, P30 Plus, P30 Lite
- OnePlus 6, T5, 5, 3T, 3, One
- Xiaomi Mi6, Mi6X, Mi8, Mi8 Pro, Mi9, Mi9 SE